A DIFFERENT KIND OF THERAPY
Therapy Salon opened in 2014 because owner Sarah Zebb felt there was a need for a salon that embraced Aveda’s mission and offered a professional, yet relaxed, salon environment. We are passionate about giving each and every one of our guests an exceptional experience.
Sarah has been around the industry for over 30 years. Since she was a child, she looked up to her aunts that managed to make a career in cosmetology, despite living in a country that discouraged women to pursue such dreams. After moving to the United States when she was 16, Sarah quickly decided that this was the career she dreamed of. She studied hair color at Aveda, and throughout the years, developed a love affair with natural-looking hair. She pursued this career that fulfilled her passion to make people look and feel beautiful about themselves. Sarah’s theory is that hair color should be enjoyable and fun. It should complement the skin tone and eye color, as well as guests’ unique expression and lifestyle.
A Holistic Lifestyle Approach
When you enter Therapy Salon, the aroma of the flower-based products is unmistakable. What you’re smelling are Aveda’s pure flower and plant essences. Aveda believes nature is the best beauty artist and strives to use naturally derived ingredients whenever possible. They use plants and flowers to create products that deliver potent results and beautifully colored hair. These hair products also help to reduce damage, improve the strength and condition of your hair, and add a gorgeous natural shine. They consider the effects of their products not only on the hair or skin but also on the body, mind, and emotions. When using Aveda products or visiting a salon, the goal is to feel rejuvenated, relaxed, and refreshed. Essentially, they promote natural healing. This holistic approach to caring for the mind and body dramatically benefits anyone!
LOS ALTOS LOVE
Making a difference in our community is the cornerstone of our mission and company culture here at Therapy Salon. Whether it’s through fundraising for children’s cancer research, or supporting the local school district, we believe our destiny is to give back and work for the greater good.
A GREEN EXPERIENCE
We are an eco-friendly salon, and believe it is our duty to practice environmental mindfulness everywhere possible. As an eco-friendly salon, we’re committed to making the world a more colorful place. We feature Aveda products that are up to 96% naturally derived from organic ingredients, and packaged using 100% post-consumer recycled material.
ABOUT OUR STANDARDS
We are proudly Barbicide Certified and abide by the following:
- An adequate amount of BARBICIDE®/CLIPPERCIDE disinfecting products will be maintained
- Fresh BARBICIDE® product for disinfection will be mixed prior to opening each day and disposed of at the close of business
- We will ensure that only cleaned and disinfected implements are used on a client and each implement must be cleaned and disinfected between uses
- We ensure that every employee will perform proper hand hygiene before and after each service
- We ensure that sick employees will not be allowed on the premises and that sick clients will be rescheduled to a later appointment
- We support a decision by an employee to deny service to a client exhibiting signs of sickness or infection
- Only properly cleaned and laundered towels will be used for any service
- We will ensure that restrooms will have an adequate supply of liquid soap, paper towels, and toilet paper
- We will ensure that PPE is available to all employees at all times
- All work stations must be fully disinfected daily
- We ensure that all Health & Public Safety Rules of the State are being followed